iland Participates in VMware's VSPP Partner Advisory Group, Showcases Hybrid Cloud at VMware Partner
iland's Cloud Infrastructure Leverages VMware's vCloud Director, vCloud Connector, and vShield Edge
Houston, Texas – February 4, 2011 – iland™ Internet Solutions (http://www.iland.com) today announced its participation in the VMware Partner Exchange Conference, where iland will demonstrate to partners how to integrate a hosted VMware vCloud Director solution into their existing virtualization or managed services practice and increase their value proposition while building recurring revenue streams. Partners can co-brand or white label iland’s cloud services in six datacenters distributed throughout the US and the UK. Furthermore, iland’s cloud experts will be on hand to whiteboard the latest VMware technologies, including vCloud Director and vShield Edge, and discuss their impact on hybrid and public cloud delivery.
“This year’s Partner Exchange is an exciting event for iland. We will be showcasing public, private and hybrid cloud use cases leveraging the latest in VMware’s rapidly evolving vCloud technologies. iland’s new services put full control in our partners’ hands so they can easily create cloud services and quickly capitalize on customer demand. ,” said Dante Orsini, Vice President of Business Development at iland. “We are thrilled to be part of the thought leadership throughout the conference and look forward to jointly creating valuable cloud opportunities.
Iland’s cloud solutions and thought leadership will be featured at the following events during VMware’s Partner Exchange:
- The first VMware Service Provider Partner Advisory Group meeting on Tuesday, February 8 where iland helps steer the future direction of the program.
- “Cloud Forecast”, a breakout session co-presented by Justin Giardina, CTO of iland, and Nic O’Donovan, Senior Systems Engineer in VMware’s vCloud Services Team, on Thursday, February 10 at 5:45pm in the Durango Room at the Coronado Spring Hotel. Attendees will learn how the public cloud is evolving and shaping private cloud strategy. Through a demonstration of several use cases, partners will experience how easily they can deliver an integrated cloud solution leveraging private and public elements. They will demonstrate how a hybrid cloud deployment would work by migrating production workloads to the public cloud from existing private VMware environments. In addition, they will show a cost effective cloud based DR solution that quickly and easily recovers workloads to the cloud using Acronis Backup and Recovery and VMware vCloud Director.
- The Dell Boot Camp Peer Panel Discussion on Tuesday, February 8 at 11:10 AM in the Monterrey Ballroom, Coronado Springs Hotel. In this discussion, moderated by Bob Skelley, Dell’s Executive Director Global Certified Partner Program and Channel, attendees will hear the many ways Dell and VMware have impacted iland’s success in the cloud services market by deploying cloud solutions using VMware and Dell Servers and Equallogic SANs.
- “Cloud Capitalization”, a presentation in the vCloud Partner Pavilion on Tuesday, February 8 at 5:30 pm which will outline to partners how to integrate cloud services into their business strategy.
- “Gold in the Clouds” in the Service Provider Cloud panel, moderated by Mathew Lodge, Senior Director of Product Marketing in VMware’s vCloud Services Team, and Dante Orsini, VP of Business Development at iland, on Thursday, February 10 at the Coronado Springs Hotel. In this panel, hear directly from VMware service provider partners on how VMware partners can add value and capture new revenue streams, from integration and professional services through to outsourced own-brand cloud services.
Attendees can visit iland at Pod v8 to meet with iland’s executive staff including our Chief Technology Officer, CEO, and Vice President of Business Development who will be available to help partners strategize on how their company can capitalize on the cloud in 2011.
iland Internet Solutions is a provider of hosted cloud infrastructure for production virtual servers and desktops, disaster recovery, and test and development computing environments with Enterprise class datacenters in Boston, Washington D.C., Houston, Los Angeles, Dallas and London.
For more information, visit iland.com